OASES Active Learning
OASES, Active Learning is truely 'learning without limits'. It facilitates deep level learning and inspires curiosity by taking the curriculum outdoors to engage pupils in new and innovative ways. It's regular use also ensures that pupils engage in regular physical activity.
The OASES, Active Learning model has been developed to inspire ALL children but it is particularly effective at engaging those children that struggle to remain on task in the classroom.
The OASES Active Learning Plus model is tailored to every school's individual requirements but will typically involve:
- Whole school CPD - to equip teachers with the knowledge and confidence to take the curriculum outdoors.
- Teacher shadowing of OASES staff - to allow teachers to see Active Learning in action. Teachers to watch OASES staff deliver Active Learning sessions to their pupils.
- Teacher planning support - OASES staff to help individual teachers to embed Active Learning into their curriculum planning.
- School grounds evaluation - to establish which areas of the curriculum are currently supported by the school grounds, and the improvements that could be made to enable easy delivery outside in the future.
- Individual teacher accreditation - engagement with OASES Active Learning, Delivering the Primary Curriculum Outdoors, One Awards Level 3 module.
The mixture of teacher shadowing and CPD involved in this package, ensures that teacher confidence, knowledge and skills in taking learning outside and delivering it in an active fashion are improved. The above means that the package is ideally placed to embed physical activity into the school day, hence funded through the PE and Sports Premium.