Improve your school’s facilities and enhance your curriculum by investing in orienteering.
As part of the OASES Orienteering Plus Package you will learn the basic skills to teach map reading and orienteering through fun games and activities, and then work up from single point courses to a points based competition. Each Orienteering Plus package is tailor-made to an individual school's requirements, but will typically contain:
- Whole school CPD to introduce staff to orienteering.
- A child-friendly hand drawn map of the school grounds showing your new orienteering course
- All the equipment needed to put up a permanent or movable orienteering course around your school.
- Individual teacher shadowing of OASES delivery of orienteering activities to their class.
- A trip to one of our partner sites to experience orienteering outside of school
- Individual teacher support to embed orienteering activities into the curriculum.
Looking for Trips Outside of your School?
Alternatively, bring your class or Orienteering Club to one of our partner sites to enjoy orienteering on a school trip. We have dedicated Orienteering Courses set up at Hamsterley Forest, Ushaw and Easington Colliery Local Nature Reserve for your class to explore.