OASES Privacy & Cookies Policy
Data Protection and Confidentiality
OASES is the trading name for the North East Environment Network a Registered Charity (no. 1041301) and the owner of this website. The website is hosted and maintained by Interwebbuilder. Some services on this website require us to collect personal information from you. To comply with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation, we have a duty to tell you how we store the information we collect and how it is used.
Any information you do submit will be stored securely and will never be passes on, or sold to, any third party.
If you do not feel that we have handled your data appropriately you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.
User Anonymity and Personal Information
Log files are maintained and analysed of all requests for files on this website's web servers. Log files do not capture personal information but do capture the user's IP address, which is automatically recognised by our web servers.
Aggregated analysis of these log files is used to monitor website usage. These analyses may be made available to OASES staff and partner agencies to allow them to measure, for example, overall popularity of the site and typical user paths through the site.
Except as stated already, OASES will make no attempt to identify individual users. You should be aware, however, that access to web pages will generally create log entries in the systems of your ISP or network service provider. These entities may be in a position to identify the client computer equipment used to access a page. Such monitoring would be done by the provider of network services and is beyond the responsibility or control of OASES.
OASES will make no attempt to track or identify individual users, except where there is a reasonable suspicion that unauthorised access to systems is being attempted. In the case of all users, OASES reserves the right to attempt to identify and track any individual who is reasonably suspected of trying to gain unauthorised access to computer systems or resources operating as part of OASES web services.
As a condition of use of this site, all users must give permission for OASES to use its access logs to attempt to track users who are reasonably suspected of gaining, or attempting to gain, unauthorised access.
All log file information collected by OASES is kept secure and no access to raw log files is given to any third party.
2. NEEN (OASES) uses two types of cookie on its Website:
* per session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookies file of your browser until you leave the Website;
* persistent cookies, which remain in the cookies file of your browser for longer (dependent of the lifetime of the specific cookie). These cookies are used to store information between visits to a site.
4) Cookies on the oasesnortheast.org.uk site are used as follows:
* Google Analytics: to monitor traffic levels, search queries and explore visits to this website. Google Analytics stores IP address anonymously on its servers in the US, and neither OASES nor Google associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information. Google Analytics will track your devices and behaviours for marketing channels.
* We use Google Analytics to help NEEN (OASES) understand more about how the "Website" is used in order to provide users with a more personalised web service.
5) We require your consent to collect cookies. Cookies will only be set after you have given this consent by clicking the Accept Cookies button.
7) For more information about cookies and instructions on how to stop cookies being installed on your browser, visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies, You can opt out of receiving cookies through www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and www.pandora.com/advertising/preferences.
Richard Hurst is the Data Protection Officer for NEEN (OASES). He can be reached on firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to discuss NEEN (OASES) Data Protection Policy or your experiences on this website.